Title, The Direction of Play
Author, Takeo Kajiwara
Translators, John Fairbairn and The Ishi Press Staff
Published, “1st Edition - March 1979”
Length, 250 Pages
Table of Content
- Chapter 1: The Direction of Play in the Opening: The Corner Stones
- Chapter 2: The Early Stages Are Decisive
- Chapter 3: Move Two Lost This Game
- Chapter 4: The Professional Approach
- Chapter 5: The Direction of Play and Joseki
- Chapter 6: Once Upon a Game
- Chapter 7: Test Yourself
- Chapter 8: The Direction of Play for Fighting
- An excellent, although a bit advanced, book on direction of play.
- Fills a much needed gap in understanding the opening and fuseki as a whole.
- Requires a basic understanding of whole board thinking to really appreciate and understand the explanations.