- When it comes to price, value, and portability of an almost full sized board, there is nothing else in the market that can compare.
- The quality of this product is off the charts when you consider how much you’re paying for it.
- Highly recommended for anyone who wants a larger board for travel.
- Magnetic board is 19x19 and measures 14-3/16”L x 13-7/16”W (36.2cm x 34cm)
- Carrying tube measures 14-1/2”L x 3-3/8”W (37cm x 8.5cm)
- Stones measure 5mm tall and 18mm wide (approx. 11/16” x 3/16”)
- Includes 180 white pieces and 180 black magnetic stones
Size & Weight: Absolutely perfect. It’s small enough that it could fit in a backpack if you needed to. So unlike a real board and stones, it’s very easy to store away and doesn’t take up very much space. And in regards to the weight, it has enough weight to feel solid; but otherwise it’s super light and easy to carry.
Durability: I’ve had this product for more than a year now and words cannot express how appreciate I am to have a product that holds up so well. The case is still great condition, and the stone bags have a little wear and tear but nothing major. In addition, the stones and board show some signs of use; but they are still working magnificently.
Usability: Absolutely no complaints. The board flattens out with relative ease, and the stones* cling to the board rather well. (In one of the shots below, you’ll see that I have the board upside down and nothing falls off). In addition, putting everything back in the case is actually really easy. Since the bags that are carrying the stones are made with fabric, they conform to the shape of the case with a relative ease when you shake it a bit. And if you’re wondering about how the strap works in terms of slinging it over your back, it works fantastic.
Considering how much this costs, this is honestly one of the best value items that exists on the entire go market. I could go on about how awesome this product is, but bottom line: unless you want a portable set made of actual stones and wood, this is hands down the best portable go set out there.
*Some people say that the stones are “too small,” but let’s be fair people, this is a portable set. If you want full sized stones, go and lug your stones and bowls.
Last Updated April 9th, 2013.